A court of thorns and roses by Sarah. J. Mass (book review)


Dear Reader, 
Sarah. J. Mass. If you've been following my blog for a while you know she is one of my favourite fantasy authors. Author of the throne of glass series and other probably amazing books- I, of course, had many high expectations for this series. She managed to fit so much into a relatively small book and the pacing wasn't too fast. 
I enjoyed the storyline and the twist of the original fairy tale. I've read quite a few beauty and the Beast retellings and this is up there with some of my favourites (along with a curse so dark and lonely- bloomin' love those characters) I loved the characters in this book too, I thought they were well developed and all have interesting individual backgrounds that tied in with Feyre’s extremely well. Sometimes, I think our main girl was a little bit stupid in her decisions and I know it was to move the plot across but damn was I sighing a lot. 

Overall I enjoyed it very much. However, it was not my favourite work of Miss Sarah J Mass. My favourite parts where the saucy bits, don't pretend you expected anything less from me, and the tornament at the end. I have got the other books from readers who really wanted me to continue with the series and for them, and my enjoyment, I definitely will.  I am also very intrigued to read about her stays at the other fairy (forgot his name haha my bad) once a month and to see if anything becomes at her and Feyre even know she is already with...? Ryhsand? Is that his name? Dear God, I am terrible at names. You know who I mean, the beast. 
I would probably give this book a 3.9/5 which isn't too bad but I just can't bring myself to rise above to a 4 because I want to keep my expectation for Miss Mass very high for the next 2 books. 
Until next time,
Issy
x

Ps: I say 2 but apparently she is releasing another (this is from a most unreliable source so don't get excited if it's the first you have heard of this future novel) and of course there if the Novella but I don't think I will read it to be perfectly honest. 

Popular posts from this blog

Just for December by Laura Jane Williams

The name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Before the coffee gets cold a book talk (Non-spoiler! You're welcome)